Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Ltd. (CGCEL), one of India’s leading consumer electrical companies, has been recently honoured with the esteemed National Safety Award 2023 at the 11th Global Safety Summit organized by the Fire and Safety Forum (HQ- World Safety Forum London, United Kingdom) and United Nations Global Compact Network India. The company was recognized under the category of Large Enterprises – Electrical Consumer Durables Sector for its outstanding performance in the field of safety of its fan division at its Bethora, Goa Plant.
The award was presented to Crompton by Mr. Ratnesh, Executive Director of UN Global Compact Network India, and Mr. Nihal Anwar Siddiqui, Professor and Director of COE, Occupational Health, Safety, Fire & Environment, GD Goenka University.
The Global Safety Summit (GSS) is the flagship annual conference and award ceremony, organised by Fire and Safety Forum a duly registered NGO in India, founded in 2009 which is India’s First International Certification & Assessment Body, developing the certification guidelines as per American National Standard Institute, United State of America. The GSS awards are the most prestigious recognitions, showcasing the achievements of industries in environment, health, safety and CSR. This significant event unites global experts and professionals, fostering discussions on the latest trends and best practices in safety, sustainability, and ESG. Distinguished personalities in the ESG field graced the occasion alongside top companies across various sectors from India. The summit culminated with the presentation of the award winners, including the Safety Award, ESG & CSR Awards, acknowledging exceptional contributions in safety and sustainability.
Speaking on the occasion, Pravin Saraf, Vice President, Manufacturing and Quality, Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Ltd. said, “We believe that innovation and excellence in safety is of paramount importance for any workplace. Hence, we are immensely honoured to receive the National Safety Award at the 11th Global Safety Summit. In the manufacturing industry, where precision is of utmost importance, our dedication to follow rigorous safety protocols is embedded in every process. This recognition motivates us further to continue our efforts in creating a workplace where safety is not just a requirement but a shared commitment that contributes to the overall success and well-being of our employees. As we move forward, we remain dedicated to maintain and enhance the top safety standards that have earned us this prestigious award.”The Bethora, Goa plant is Crompton’s hub of technological innovation where the focus on safety extends beyond compliance. The National Safety Award 2023 is a testament to Crompton’s relentless efforts in fostering a culture of security and responsibility as well as empowering its employees to ensure their well-being while delivering high-quality products to their customers with a range of key initiatives in EHS like:
• Proactive safety culture: Culture developed with the support of the CGCEL safety management system which covers aspects like leadership & accountability, risk assessment, design, operational control, incident reporting, investigation & learning.
• Enhancing workplace safety: Workplace safety enhanced by engagement at all levels through relevant subcommittees.
• 100% compliance: Ensuring 100% compliance to applicable rules & regulations.
• Continual improvement: Achieved through the self- assessments of facilities like IS 14489, electrical safety, fire safety, machine level & ranking to identify gaps and taking actions to ensure continual improvement in safety.
• Empowering through training: Learning & sharing done across levels related to EHS empowering employees with the knowledge and skills required for a safer workplace.
• Cultivating safety awareness: Recognizing and rewarding employee participation in safety campaigns, fostering a culture of safety awareness and responsibility